How many of us don’t know how to properly relax? Most of us, it seems!
The benefits of relaxation are many and obvious. In fact, when you are truly relaxed it is impossible to feel stresses or anxious. Win/Win!
Hypnosis is a powerful way of learning relaxation and the those peaceful feelings learnt during a hypnosis session are carried on through everyday life.
The state of hypnosis is in fact a state of deep, deep relaxation and that in itself is extremely therapeutic.
Apart from the actual sessions, those who enjoy hypnosis are given takeaway exercises such as self-hypnosis that they can carry out whenever they feel the need for some deep relaxation.
Here’s a nice self-hypnosis exercise which only takes a couple of minutes that you can practice yourself. If you do this at least once a day you will see lasting benefits, inviting peace and calm into your life. Do this first thing in the morning to set yourself up for the day or use it to unwind after a busy day.
1. Sit up in a chair with your feet flat on the floor and your hands and arms resting in your lap or hanging down at your sides. Close your eyes down, shutting out the light.
2. Think or say the following words slowly to yourself. “I am gaining control over the relaxation in my life. I am relaxing more with each and every breath that I take.”
3. Take three slow, deep breaths. Each time you exhale, feel all of the tension leaving your lungs.
4. Think of a calm and relaxing place in your mind. Make it your own place. It could be a scene by a lake or an ocean, relaxing in the mountains or in the forests, or picture yourself sleeping deeply in your bed at night. Whatever scene you picture, it will be the correct one. Your personal peaceful scene will enable you to relax deeply.
5. After enjoying being in this peaceful place, when you are ready (don’t worry, your subconscious mind will know when this is), say to yourself that at the count of five, your eyes will open and you will feel so much more relaxed than ever before. Tell yourself you will feel alive, alert and ready to take on the day’s activities. Then open your eyes, carrying these wonderful feelings into your day. Sounds great, right? Give it a go.
The above exercise is only a brief insight into how powerful hypnotherapy can be to enable you to become a more deeply relaxed person. For further information and to book a session, get in touch with us.